Productivity and Business Continuity are top priorities while dealing with sudden changes in your workforce. If going fully remote is new to you and your organization, we have gathered best practices and key tools to help with any challenges your organization is facing while moving to a virtual workforce.
Meetings are essential to all businesses. Teams across the globe are moving to remote work. Virtual meetings can be just as effective and even more efficient thanks to helpful applications that can easily be installed on any desktop.
- Microsoft Teams allows you and your customers to chat, meet, call and collaborate all in one place. Microsoft aims to keep teams connected while they work apart by making Teams available to as many people as possible. The best part is you and your customers already have access to Microsoft Teams! Microsoft offers a FREE trial where you can test out the suite’s chat, calling, and collaboration features, while bundling your services. Click here to access Tech Data’s Microsoft 365 Path a free resource that provides more knowledge and training as to how you can help your customers leverage the tool and maximize their productivity when working remotely or virtually.
- Zoom is a video conferencing tool our team uses on a daily basis. Not only can you host meetings on this application, you can also use Zoom for webinars as well. This application can easily be embedded into outlook as a plugin to make all of your meetings instantly virtual. We also use Zoom as a way to stay connected by having virtual lunches!
Access Documents Virtually:
If your customers are asking how they can access their documents away from their laptop (or even their desk), there are a handful of ways they can host their files in the cloud.
- Microsoft Teams allows users to create workstreams so that everyone can share documents they are working on and collaborate with other team members in real-time. Check out the free version of Teams to help you get started.
- Do you have customers in the education space? Microsoft is offering free and discounted versions of Office 365 to allow for easy file hosting and sharing on OneDrive or emailing via Outlook. These plans also include standard Office apps such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Combine these deployments with Tech Data and Microsoft’s Click to Run Secure Score Solution to help assess any potential security threats in your customer’s Office 365 setup.
- Google Docs lets you work with your colleagues on any documents, spreadsheets and presentations remotely. Also, from now until July 1st, Google will also be expanding the features in their basic plans to include greater conferencing and live streaming capabilities.
- You can even virtualize key desktop apps that your customers might depend on with Tech Data’s Remote Desktop Services for Azure Click to Run Solution. This lets you access key apps on the go by creating virtual machines.
Stay Connected as a Team and Collaborate:
Being fully remote can bring a lot of new challenges but there are resources to conquer this uncharted territory. Below are some tools to bring your team closer together while being physically apart.
- Skype for Business is one of the best applications for instant messaging. You can also use this for screen sharing and video calling instantly.
- Amazon offers Amazon Chime Pro which is a communications service that lets you meet, chat and place business calls inside and outside your organization. They are offering it for FREE for online meetings and video conferencing through June 30, 2020 for all customers who start using Amazon Chime for the first time during this period.
- Google has a popular tool called Google Hangouts Meet which is an easy to use video conferencing tool. Starting this week, Google will begin rolling out FREE access to advanced Hangouts Meet video-conferencing capabilities to all G Suite and G Suite for Education customers globally.
- Trello is a popular app that our team loves to use. This tool that uses boards, lists and cards to enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a unique way. It is based off the Kanban methodology.